Kaltura Video Tool for Sakai
Kaltura's Sakai extension brings advanced video and rich-media to Sakai users allowing content management, uploading, publishing and sharing by faculty and students.
HighlightsThe Kaltura Media Gallery (KMG) allows users create collections of visible media with granular permissions, in order to easily manage rich media content and make it available for viewing and collaboration with other site users. With Kaltura, rich media content can be easily used and reused anywhere in Sakai. The Kaltura Video Tool for Sakai enhances user engagement by making it easy for students and faculty to engage with one another and with the institution, using rich-media. Features include:
- Upload any type of media (video, audio, images) using a simple interface
- Videos from lecture capture systems, libraries, and live events can easily be added
- Easily group and expose media content, using themed collections with a granular set of permissions.
- Integration with the Sakai text Editor enables you to include video in assignments, forum posts, announcements, syllabi and more
- Each Sakai user has a Personal "My Media" repository, and used for uploading, searching, and viewing media content, as well as for reusing content to collections across courses.
- Course media content archiving and duplication for semester end and multiple sections scenarios
- Internationalization/Localization features to support multiple languages
- Allow students and faculty to playback videos on any device - playback supports both Flash and HTML5 for mobile and tablets, including both iOS and Android devices. Kaltura also provides a fully compliant player with ADA section 508.
- Advanced access management and digital rights management features
PricingTrial includes 10GB free hosting and streaming
DescriptionWith the rapid rise of media adoption in higher education, institutions require comprehensive and user-friendly tools to incorporate video into their Learning Management Systems (LMS). Kaltura provides the first and only Open Source Video Platform for education, including pre-integrated video extensions for Learning Management Systems.
Designed in partnership with Unicon and leading universities, the Kaltura Video Tool for Sakai provides Sakai users with a full video solution that, once installed, is completely pre-integrated into the Sakai system and workflows. The Kaltura Video Tool, which is built on
Kaltura’s market-leading Open Source Online Video Platform, allows faculty and students to upload, manage, publish, and share rich media content.
Installation GuideSee Sakai Extension Page for details on obtaining and installing.
Or signup for a free trial
Installation instructions are available within the