Video Building Block for Blackboard 9.x
Enhance your Blackboard LMS with advanced video capabilities. Easily upload and publish content from both faculty and students anywhere in Blackboard.
HighlightsEnhance your Blackboard with advanced video capabilities. Easily upload and publish content by faculty and students anywhere in Blackboard.
- Upload any type of media (video, audio, images) using a simple interface
- Videos from lecture capture systems, libraries, and live events can easily be added
- Create and publish screencasts including audio and webcam. Record and share lectures, presentations, and more
- Create video clips from existing content. Remove redundant sections or create highlights of the larger video (requires content owner permission)
- Add video to assignments, tests, quizzes, forums, blogs, and more, directly from the Kaltura Mashup option within the text editor. You can select from existing content in “My Media” / the Faculty Repository, upload videos or record them on the fly
- Allow students and faculty to playback videos anywhere - playback supports both Flash and HTML5 for mobile and tablets, including both iOS and Android devices. Kaltura also provides a fully compliant player with ADA section 508.
- Gain visibility into media consumption, users and usage: Instructors - understand how media is being used in your course with engagement reports. Administrators - view cross-course, user level reports, as well as summary reports on overall usage and viewing trends in the system
- Advanced access management and digital rights management features
- Each Blackboard user has a Personal "My Media" area
- Courses have a course - "Media Gallery"
- Faculty members can search, use and post media to a common “Faculty Repository”
PricingCommercial Application sold by Kaltura.
Contact Kaltura for pricing information:
DescriptionDesigned in partnership with leading Blackboard developers and leading clients university customers - the Kaltura Video Building Block is a powerful tool that unleashes rich media in Blackboard Learn on desktops and mobile devices. With the Kaltura Building Block, teachers can easily add video content to course pages, maintain a personal content repository, and interact with their students using media. Teachers can also use the faculty repository to share their media campus-wide, as well as search and use media posted by other faculty members. Students can also create a personal media gallery, use educational video resources, and submit videos to their teachers assignments. Using the clipping tool, users can create video clips from existing video content, if permitted by the content owner. Videos can be an integral part of assignments, forum posts, announcements, testsexams, and more.
Installation GuideSee the Blackboard Extension Page for details on obtaining and installing.
Or signup for a free trial