Video Extension for Joomla
Kaltura's Video extension for Joomla makes it easy to add the robust capabilities of Kaltura's open source video platform to any Joomla site, including syndication, monetization, transcoding, uploading, and more.
HighlightsKaltura's Video extension for Joomla makes it easy to add the robust capabilities of Kaltura's open source video platform to any Joomla site. The extension handles every aspect of video and rich-media, including content management, syndication, monetization, transcoding, uploading and importing content, and more – it’s simple to install, use and customize.
Trial includes 10GB free hosting and streaming
Add video directly to any page:
- Upload from desktop or record from webcam - videos are automatically transcoded
- Easily import videos , images and audio files from MySpace, Flickr and more
Manage Media Content
Login to the Kaltura Management Console to:
- Manage content (delete, tag, moderate)
- View statistics and reports
- Customize player design
- Create manual or rule-based playlists
- … and much more
Edit and Remix
Edit videos with Kaltura’s Standard Editor:
- Trim videos
- Add transitions
- Rearrange sequence of videos and images
- Add soundtrack
- Add more content to remix
- Create thumbnail
Also available in French
Installation GuideThe Extension is comprised of 3 installables.
The following 3 zip files are available in the extension bundle, each folder represents a Joomla installable.
- Plugin - editors-xtd
- Plugin - content
- Component - component
Follow these steps to install your extension:
- Download the Joomla Extension
- Extract the release zip bundle to your disk
- Login to the Joomla administration panel
- Select Extensions > Install/Uninstall
- Browse for the editors-xtd.zip file and press the “Upload File & Install” button
- You should receive a success message
- Repeat steps 3-5 for content.zip
- Repeat steps 3-5 for component.zip
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager
- Enable the plugins: “Content – Kaltura Video” and “Editor Button – Kaltura Video”
- Go to Components > Kaltura Video
- Signup to Kaltura and obtain a Partner ID or if you have an existing Partner ID, enter your email and password.
- Save your confirmation email as it contains credentials for logging into the Kaltura Management Console.
- To configure your extension to use the Kaltura hosted solution or the Kaltura self-hosted solution, go to Components > Kaltura Video and enter your local hosting URL (The default will be the Kaltura hosted solution 10GB free trial.)
Application Specifications(Click on the terms to find similiar applications)
Kaltura Edition:Community Edition, SaaS
Kaltura API version:api_v3
Available languages:English, French
Prerequisites & RequirementsJoomla v. 1.5 and up
You must run Joomla on PHP5. The extension will not work on PHP4.