Video Extension for Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Kaltura’s Video Extension for SharePoint 2010 seamlessly enhances SharePoint’s basic media capabilities with advanced media management features, turning it into a flexible foundation for diverse media solutions for organizations.
- Centralized management of all media on your site
- Seamless integration with search
- Automatic optimal video delivery to all destinations – web, mobile, set-top boxes
PricingCommercial Application sold by Kaltura.
Contact Kaltura for details: 1-800-871-5244 or http://corp.kaltura.com/company/contact-us
- User management, roles definition, workflows and metadata are fully supported, leveraging SharePoint 2010’s existing user and data management schemas. The Kaltura video extension adheres to the permission set for the site collection or page.
- Upload is made easy, users can upload video in any file format, while Kaltura transcodes to any output format. Videos can be uploaded in context while editing article or page to streamline UI workflow and easily add videos to any page. Videos and audio can be recorded directly from a webcam to quickly create online video messages, presentations and notes.
- SharePoint enterprise search capabilities are extended into video subtitles, captions and transcripts.
- Live broadcasts are easily enabled both in internal intranet and public internet.
- Superb quality is achieved using adaptive streaming technologies, delivered through tier1 CDNs.
- Video viewing on mobile phones is fully supported including iPhone and iPad using Kaltura transcoding and HTML5 video player.
- Customize player branding and design through a WYSIWYG interface.
- Central media management across sites and applications through the Kaltura Management Console, as well as video reports describing how many have watched each video, from what page and from which geographic region.
- Kaltura MediaSpace ™ - a Corporate YouTube™- like video website, allows selected content generated within SharePoint to be automatically published and displayed in MediaSpace.
- Content migration is easy, existing content is migrated in bulk with a simple CSV format submit format. Import of existing videos will upload and transcode them so they too can be used in Kaltura’s Media fields and WebPart.
- Customizable displays can be easily configured. Kaltura media is designed to fit in various contexts. Users can select to display a video-centric page with extended data and playlist or embed media content as part of a page that includes other elements.