Video & Media Plugin for Elgg
Elgg is a social engine that lets users create their own fully-featured social environment. The Video & Media Plugin for Elgg is an add-on to power the Elgg social engine with interactive video and rich-media capabilities.
HighlightsElgg is a social engine that empowers individuals, groups and institutions to create their own fully-featured social environment. The Video & Media Plugin for Elgg is an add-on to power the Elgg social engine with interactive video and rich-media capabilities.
Trial includes 10GB free hosting and streaming
DescriptionThe plugin empowers ELGG-based social communities with Kaltura's full range of video capabilities.
- Edit your videos online with the Kaltura advanced editor
- Edit the details of your videos: title, description, tags
- Define the video privacy levels: private, public, registered users or friends
- Comment and rate videos
- View the code details of your video to in order to embed it in other places
- Create collaborative videos. You can start a video in a group environment, and define the level of privacy to enable editing by others
- Integrated tinyMCE features: you can enable these features in "tools administration" and if it allowed (by default) then users can add videos to any text area form, containing tinyMCE or not
- Widget: this plugin also includes a widget that enables you show the last video in the dashboard. The video shown to the visitor depends of its level of privacy
- RSS functionality: subscribe to feeds on any page related with the plugin
- Includes an integrated Kaltura registration form
- To import videos created in Kaltura (outside Elgg), read the INSTALL.txt file in "ADVANCED IMPORT".
Installation Guide1. Install Elgg with CURL libraries for PHP
2. Copy the directory kaltura_video/ and all his files to the plugins folder in elgg_path/mod/
3. Activate the plugin in tools administration
4. Configure the plugin by going to Tools Administration > kaltura_video > [Settings]
IMPORTANT: If you are not an existing Kaltura partner, register by going to Tools Administration > kaltura_video > [Settings]